To issue refunds refunds through your VacationRentPayment account, please follow the steps outlined below (you can also download our refund guide).
If you have any issue logging in, you may need to reset your password. In order to do so, visit our article “how do I reset my password?”
Please note issuing refunds through the VacationRentPayment will not be reflected in your vacation rental software without being entered manually.
- Log into your VacationRentPayment
- From the Main Menu, use "Guest Search" or "Search by Reference" # to locate the transaction that you would like to refund or void
- Click 'Details >>' beneath the reference number
NOTE: If you searched for the transaction by reference number or from guest's profile, you can skip this step.
- Click 'View >>' to view additional payment data or access the refund and void options
- At the bottom of the page select the applicable action, 'Issue Refund' or 'Cancel Payment'
- If you would like to cancel the payment in its entirety, type the reason for the void
- (e.g. guest canceled reservation) into the 'Reason for Cancellation field and click 'Cancel
- If it is a partial refund, use the 'Payment Amount' fields to dictate the amount to be refunded, type the reason in the 'Reason for Refund' field and click 'Issue Refund'
NOTE: If the transaction is still in a state of "Processing," the refund option will not appear. If the transaction is in a state of "Cleared," the cancel payment option will not appear.
NOTE: Due to the current global Health crisis and the large volume of refunds being put through the financial industry, funding times on refunds may be as long as 30 days in some scenarios. Please ensure you are advising your guests accordingly.