The funds cannot be returned until notice is received from the card issuing bank that the chargeback is cancelled or until we have confirmed that our dispute of the chargeback was successful. You can instruct your guest/renter to contact his/her bank in order to request a letter that would confirm that the chargeback has been cancelled. You can provide us a copy of that letter, so we can continue to work with the bank to obtain the refund. Until you receive this document from your guest and forward that to us, it is important to assume that your guest has not paid for his or her stay and/or continue to fight the chargeback using the other relevant documentation for the chargeback reason (see “Can I dispute a Chargeback?” section for further details).
Articles in this section
- What is a chargeback?
- I have a question about a chargeback notification I received
- What are the most common types of chargebacks?
- Why are you requesting my chargeback documents again?
- Why are you asking me to provide documents when you can see them in my reservation manager dashboard?
- What is Yapstone doing to protect homeowners from chargebacks?
- I won the case! When do I get my money back?
- How long do I have to provide documents to support my chargeback case?
- What documents or proof do you need to fight a chargeback?
- I refunded this guest/renter, and now a chargeback occurred. You have debited me twice (once for the refund, and again for the chargeback). Why?